Submit an application! Be sure to be as detailed as possible, and include all requested information to prevent delays in processing your application (including an email address that you check often). Our main form of communication is email, so be sure to check your email frequently! You will receive a confirmation email as soon as your application has been received. If you have not received this confirmation within 48 hours, please check your junk mail and contact our Adoptions Coordinator at firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm receipt of application.
We will perform landlord, veterinarian, and reference checks. This part of the process can take 5-7 days to complete. If we have any trouble contacting your references, we will reach out to you through email.
If all goes well in step 2, you will be pre-approved to adopt and move on to our placement team! Our placement team is dedicated to helping you meet the perfect dog. They will work with you to find out what you are looking for and match you up with our available dogs..
Once you have decided to meet a dog, we will complete a home visit. An experienced volunteer will come to your home and meet with your family. We require all family members living in the household to be present, and we complete a fence check as well as discuss GSD education. In some situations, we may require a home visit before pre-approval, however this is only for certain cases.
After your home visit is complete a decision will be made on your adoption status. If you are approved to adopt, you may move forward with meeting the dog you have worked with placement to select!
Important Adoption Policies
- Rescue Reinvented currently has a volunteer base in Texas and Louisiana. Adoptions outside of these states will be considered on a case-by-case basis. We apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.
- Applications are processed in the order that they are received. Failure to provide all information can result in delays in processing your application, allowing other interested adopters to move forward with the process. If at any point we experience problems contacting your references, we will reach out to you in an email.
- All animals in an applicant’s home must be spayed/neutered (unless there is a medical reason that can be confirmed by a veterinarian or the dog is a show animal) and up to date on all vaccinations and heartworm medications.
- For applicants that rent, GSD’s must specifically be allowed on the property, as they tend to be placed on a restricted breed list. This must be confirmed by Rescue Reinvented before an adoption.
- Our placement process is first-come-first-serve process based on order of pre-approval. We do not place holds on dogs, and we do not allow pre-approved adopters to schedule a meeting with a dog until they are first in line for that dog. If at the current time we do not have any dogs that meet your needs, we are open to sharing applications with other local rescues to make sure you find the perfect dog for your family!
- We give our fosters the final say on whether or not a dog is a good fit for a family. Please keep in mind that if a foster declines to allow you to adopt a dog this does NOT mean you are no longer approved! Some dogs have special needs that require certain types of homes, and since our fosters know their dogs the best they get to make the decision.
- All puppies that are adopted must be enrolled in a beginner’s behavioral class. Once a puppy has been cleared to go to an adopter, they must provide proof of enrollment for the adoption to be completed. Fosters with special needs dogs over the age of 6 months may also require a basic behavioral class for adoption.
- Rescue Reinvented provides two free private training sessions after adoption. You will work with our trainer to begin learning about positive reinforcement and helping your dog settle in!
- There is a two week grace period for adoptions. If for some reason, the dog you have chosen is not a good fit, you have 2 weeks to return the dog for a full refund. Placement will work with you to find the best dog for your home, but we understand that we cannot always predict the future. Returning a dog does not always mean that you are no longer approved to adopt!